Michele Mason, our local coordinator for the 40 Days for Life campaign, sent out this update recently. So much grace, and so many blessings, pour forth on those who sacrifice time and comfort to spend a little time out on the sidewalk. This campaign is almost half over, but it’s not too late to schedule yourself for some hours of prayer. Just go to: https://40daysforlife.com/ to sign up.
Dear 40 Days for Life Friends,
Here are some miracles and happenings from the sidewalk this week. Please keep sharing your stories and please share pictures as well! Keep up the good work!
“If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.”
1 Corinthians 12:26
“Now the company of those who believed were of one heart and soul…” Acts 4:32
Let us share one heart in Christ and reach out to those in need when we are at the sidewalk, as these women in the following stories did. Sometimes we need to go outside of our comfort zone and start a conversation with those walking by.
Monday, February 26th
• Monday, two prayer volunteers were praying at the sidewalk when a woman walked by carrying a bag of groceries. They said hello to her and asked if she was familiar with 40 Days for Life. The woman told them, yes, that she had seen people praying out there before. The prayer volunteers asked her to keep them in prayer. She started to walk away and then turned back and said, “Could you pray for me?” They called her back and she shared her story and the heartache that she had been dealing with recently. The women prayed with her. She then shared with them that she had fallen away from the church in the past. One of the ladies praying at the sidewalk asked if she could pick her up for church on Sunday.
God is seeking out his lost sheep and calling them home! He is working through you!!
• A bit later, a young, high school aged girl passed them on the sidewalk. She went into Planned Parenthood and came out crying. She looked very upset, very distraught and troubled. She looked like she was too nervous to talk to someone, but walked back along the sidewalk, where the prayer volunteers were praying. One of the ladies at the sidewalk approached her, gave her information about the pregnancy center, and asked if she needed to talk to someone. The girl took the information and seemed appreciative. Please pray for her. She needs our prayers.
Tuesday, February 27th
• While sidewalk counselors were at the sidewalk with the “Free Pregnancy Test and Ultrasound- Check in Here” sign, a young woman pulled up in her car and said that she didn’t have an abortion in 2014 because of the people she saw praying at the sidewalk!!
Remember, we may not see miracles while we are out there praying, but they are happening! That little baby is now 3 or 4 years old.
• A young man delivering pizza thanked the sidewalk counselors again and again for their peaceful signs and peaceful attitude.
• The sidewalk counselors noticed that most people driving by were very friendly and waved.
Have you noticed the times that you really don’t want to go pray at the sidewalk, but go anyway, God blesses you in so many ways?
Please contact me (email@example.com) or (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you’d like to learn more about sidewalk counseling. Believe it or not, it is possible, even with PP so far away! Some of us attended a workshop and are putting into action what we have learned. We are calling on God to help us get a team together who will commit to going out each week. Please join us!!